westdance: SCA 3rd Wednesday Dance Practice in San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 08:09:26 PST 2009

Howdy all,

Tonight is the last dance practice before the dance ball. The Crosston Dance Ball is this coming Saturday!!!
Please see our website for details and class schedule,
http://home.earthlink.net/~al-qurtubiyya/2009CrosstonBall.html
If you have any questions, please click reply and ask!

Next week, we'll be considering new dances to add to our repertoire. If you have a dance you’d like to teach the group, or a dance you’d like to reconstruct, please start the location process so you can bring it next week.

On 25April2009, the Collegium Occidentialis will be an overnight event at a hotel in Modesto. Because we'll have ample dance space, let's plan now for a whole day of classes. I've spoken to the collegium regent, and if we plan it, we can have a dance ball in the evening. Please stay tuned for details.

Wednesdays in San Jose:

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner
and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right.
Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton
and walk a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although
from the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol
route.

see you there,