westdance: More dancing

Matthew Larsen matt1.larsen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 09:40:35 PST 2009

That's a pretty good list, I'd say.  You could also add Lorayne Alman,
which we did at 12th Night but is not on the list for the Crosston
Ball.  I know it's not your favorite :-), but Francios Nouvelle is at
least as easy as Dance de Cleves (though you probably don't have music
for that).  There are other bransles, too, some of which (Pinigay, for
instance) are really quite easy.

I would recommend Villanella instead of Contrapasso for a dragable
16th c. Italian.  A lot depends on if you have a couple other people
who know the dance.  Also, remember that the recorded music for
Contrapasso has "the heresy".

G.