westdance: More dancing

The MOMstable the_momstable at rocketmail.com
Thu Jan 8 07:54:42 PST 2009

The autocrat for Investiture talked to me at Twelfth Night (and for a wonder, I remembered and actually contacted him afterward - sieve brain that I am, especially at 12th Night).  I've been asked to teach and lead dance at Cynagua Investiture, January 31, the week after the Crosston Ball.

There's a hitch.  Their Highnesses do not want English Country nor Late Italian.  Doesn't leave too much.  I'm interpretting "Late Italian" as "nothing too foofy or hard".  I've also added the caveat "nothing that I don't have dance music for" as I don't have an in house musician.

This is what I've come up with, building on things that were taught at Twelfth Night and will be taught at the Crosston Ball.  I don't imagine there will be that much time reserved for dance, so I'm not putting a full set list together.

Horses Bransle
Montarde Bransle
Black Alman
Queen's Alman
Amoroso
Petite Rhiens

If we get through those, I may try and sneak in
A Pavan
Danse de Cleves
Geloxia
and maybe Contrapasso, which is later Italian, but drag throughable.

Comments, questions, suggestions?

Thanks,

Na'arah