westdance: SUPRISE NEW VENUE SCA 1st Wednesday Dance Practice in San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 28 21:46:39 PDT 2008

Re: SUPRISE NEW VENUE SCA 1st Wednesday Dance Practice in San Jose

Dance this week is at Cin's house in San Jose. Starts about 7pm, dinner afterwards, be nice to Cin's pretty floors.

Cin & Raz 408.885.0139
Prose directions to 1264 Hanchett, San Jose  95126
Both maps.google and mapquest find us successfully.

We are fairly close to the San Jose Arena, The Rosicrucian Egyptian
Museum and Santa Clara University.  El Camino, hwy 82, is called The
Alameda here. It runs about 1.5 miles between the SJ Arena and SCU.
We're ½ way between the two. There is a sign out front of the house
calling it "The Gables". So:

>From Sunnyvale & Santa Clara, along El Camino:
• Go true East, logical South on El Camino, past Santa Clara
University (El Cam becomes The Alameda), pass the Rosicrucian, about 7
more blocks;
• Right onto Hanchett; go 1.5 blocks; we're on the left.

>From 101 on the peninsula:
• Take 101 S;   Go to 880 South;
• Exit Santa Clara University/ The Alameda eastbound, past the
Rosicrucian, about 17 blocks;
• Right onto Hanchett; go 1.5 blocks; we're on the left.

>From 280 on the peninsula and parts Northwest:
• Take 280 S;   Go to 880 North;
• Exit Santa Clara University/ The Alameda eastbound, past the
Rosicrucian, about 17 blocks
• Right onto Hanchett, go 1.5 blocks

>From 680 and parts Northeast:
• Take 680 S;  which becomes westbound on 280, exit Leigh;
• Turn Right on Leigh at the light.
• In about 3 blocks, when you cross over San Carlos, Leigh becomes
Shasta. Go 3 more blocks. At the light Shasta becomes Hanchett. Go 1.5
more blocks.

>From 101 S, South San Jose, Campbell and parts Southeast:
• Go to either 101 N or 87 N;   Westbound on 280, exit Leigh;
• Turn Right on Leigh at the light.
• In about 3 blocks, when you cross over San Carlos, Leigh becomes
Shasta. Go 3 more blocks. At the light Shasta becomes Hanchett. Go 1.5
more blocks.

>From Cupertino, Santa Cruz and parts Southwest:
• Go to 17 N;   Exit 280 eastbound;   IMMEDIATELY exit Leigh;
• 2nd Left over 280 freeway (1s  L is Leland, 2nd L is Leigh, 3rd back
onto 280 S);
• In about 3 blocks, when you cross over San Carlos, Leigh becomes
Shasta. Go 3 blocks. At the light Shasta becomes Hanchett. Go 1.5 more
blocks.

• If you missed the Leigh exit off 280, take the next: Meridian North;
• Cross over San Carlos; Left at Park, a traffic light;
• Right onto Hanchett, at traffic light; go 1.5 blocks.

Leaving our house:
• South on Hanchett will take you to the entrance at 280;
o 2nd light, Right on Parkmoor 2 blocks is 280 N, convenient for 880N or 17S.
o Over the freeway & Left on Moorpark is 280 S and 680 N.
• North on Hanchett, is Right turn only, this is convenient for 87 N and S.
• For left turns onto The Alameda (El Camino) take a R out of our
driveway, R at end of block,  logical L on Martin (around the circle)
and turn L (west) at the light.

Public Transportation:
• Bus #22 and others pass by on the Alameda, the stop is at
Julian/Hanchett. We're a 1.5 block walk south on Hanchett.

See you there,
Crystal of the Westermark
(Crystal A. Larsen)