westdance: Esfenn First Sword / Fine Arts

LisaG lmg1138 at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 29 08:44:47 PDT 2008

For those who missed the Page copy, I'm including it below. Tickets are still available for the feast (no site-fee for the event itself). And Catherine of Wessex is graciously allowing any sweaty fighters to take showers at her place (approx. 6 blocks away) after the fighting and before the food. :->

We're not allowed to touch money at the site, which is why we're asking for mailed checks. If you do need to pay there, we'll have to do a stealth walk out to the parking lot or something.

--------------------------
Slightly altered Page copy:

Esfenn First Sword / Feast of Fine Arts
September 6, 2008
Esfenn's traditional alternating First Sword and prize melees. First Sword
melees require swords. Armor inspection begins at 10 a.m., the tournament starts
shortly after. At 2 p.m., the feast hall will open for dancing and playing
games. Bring your A & S projects for display! The feast begins at 5 p.m. Courses
will alternate with fine performances and dancing. Beer, mead, and wine only may
be consumed in the hall once the feast begins.
Site Information: Tournaments at Los Cerritos Community Park. Feast at the
adjacent Los Cerritos Community Center at 3377 Alder Ave., Fremont, CA 94536.
Site opens at 9 a.m. and closes at 10 p.m. NO site fee; donations accepted.
Feast tickets are $15 (only available by presale). Please make checks payable to
"SCA-Shire of Esfenn".
Autocrat: Johanna Ludwiger von Hertesbergk (Jen Good), johannaludwiga at earthlink
dot net

Send checks for feast tickets to
Pete Good
40988 Lincoln St. #3