westdance: Vyncent not doing so hot =(

Francis Classe torlanswingmeister at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 12:48:14 PST 2008

Hey everyone!

As some off you at dance heard, I wasn't feeling well earlier this week.  Actually, about two days after 12th Night, I started coughing almost non-stop, and ended up feverish that evening and all throughout Tuesday.  Although I'm completely over the fever, I'm still coughing incessantly which necessitates shallow (but thankfully unimpeded) breaths.  Based on the tests, x-rays and cat scans, the current prognosis is a serious case of pneumonia, which will put me out of commission for at least a couple of weeks until the coughing goes away.  There's still a week to go in the course of antibiotics, but I feel fine, save for the coughing and some muscle pains which are a result of this continual frustration.  Additional frustration comes from just how this came about - my supposition is a combination of 12th Night Stress, along with a suppressed immune system (I had a cold over Christmas), and some naughty bacteria taking advantage of me (what can I say -
 sometimes, it's hard to say no =).

Hopefully, all will be well in time for the Crosston Ball, but in the meantime, I probably won't be at music or dance for a few weeks.  I figured I ought to let you all know since I didn't want rumors of my illness to be greatly exaggerated =)  Fortunately, I'm not overly contagious, but until I get back to 100%, I ought to be careful, which means no smooches for Vyncent =(  Vittoria, though, has been totally awesome in taking care of me, and although I'm pretty self sufficient right now, I'm not quite sure how I would have managed during the feverish stage, getting carted back and forth to the doctor's office, pouring water into me and making sure I don't get out of bed =).

Anyhow, high hopes for getting over this soon, and looking forward to seeing you all again shortly...!

- Vyncent