westdance: Tinternell - Why don't we do it? =)

Francis Classe torlanswingmeister at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 12:53:18 PST 2008

Hello all,

I was looking for a new pavane or alman-type dance to do for the Pied d'Argent, and I looked up Tinternell, and it looks like a beginner dance, but with a bit more character than just going forward and backwards.  It's not nearly so interesting as Black Alman, perhaps, but more on the level of Queen's or Lorayne.  It also give ample opportunity to flirt =)  Greg did a great job of putting the information from several different manuscripts on his webpage - http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/dance/ioc/concord.html.  I was tempted to put it on, but I thought that there might be a reason we don't do it, so I decided against it.  Anyone have any particular comments?

- V