westdance: Thoughts on 15c Italian for KWDS?

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 14:21:50 PDT 2007

--- Matthew Larsen <matt1.larsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah...  time for more galliard practice.  We've got to
> get to the point where
> what we can work on is not some specific step, but
> rather how you string them
> together.  But you have to have everyone
> doing at least two steps
> to get to that...  I need to think more on how
> to teach that.  Hmmm...

I can imagine how you'd teach it just like teaching swing or
waltz variations. Do four of these standard galidards, then four
of the moving ones, then four of the sideways ones, then four
more of the moving ones, and four of the bell ones. Repeat until
the music runs out.
Then make people do the pattern in pairs, then singles.