westdance: Thoughts on 15c Italian for KWDS?

Cin cinbarnes at gmail.com
Tue May 8 10:03:32 PDT 2007

On 5/7/07, Greg Lindahl <lindahl at pbm.com> wrote:
> BTW, elsewhere the 5 most popular 15c Italian dances are: Amoroso,
> Anello, Gelosia, Petit Riense, and Rostiboli. And the ones Judith is
> hoping to make more popular are improvised pive and saltarelli, and
> Chirintana. The improvised piva or saltarello is easy to teach, and
> fun to dance if you have energetic music.

She's not the only one.  Veronique Daniels is into non-choreographed
partnered  steps in sauterello & even bazzadanza time.  I tried to
sell this at a Crosston Ball session... went over like a lead balloon.
 This group is sooooo programmed toward choreography.  Sad, really.
People get it in their minds that choreo is the One True Way.  T'isnt!
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
CinBarnes at gmail.com