westdance: Thoughts on 15c Italian for KWDS?

Matthew Larsen matt1.larsen at gmail.com
Mon May 7 13:10:23 PDT 2007

Hmmm...  Not sure I'm excited about Burgundian being the next dance
craze -- there's only so much variety there.  Actually, it's more
interesting to me from a musical point of view than from a dance
perspective. :-)

But as for what you could teach -- well, you could follow the
Bassedance theme and teach Lauro! :-)  Other than that, I'm not
sure... I believe that Amoroso, Petite Riense and Rostibolli are all
pretty popular throughout the known world already, so I don't know
that they'd be in high demand.  Perhaps Leoncello?  That's always been
one of my favorites from the 15th c. Italian corpus.  I'm not sure how
widely known it is, though.

Geoffrey