westdance: SCA dance practice, 4th Wednesday Menlo Park

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 07:23:45 PST 2007

Dance class will start at about 7pm and go to 9pm. As we are now
in the "between season" it's a great time to start focusing on
new dances or old dances that need some polish. If there is
something you'd like to review or learn in the next few months,
please write back or bring those suggestions to class.

Upcoming dance competitions!
March Crown (March 23-25) Bransle Pinagay
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/?details=2006_march_crown

Spring Coronet (March 30-April 1): Jenny Pluck Pears
http://mists.westkingdom.org/2007_SpringCoronet.shtml

Spring Collegium Occidentalis is scheduled for May 19th, please
start planning now if you'd like to teach (or take!) a class.

It's never to early to start planing on attending the Known
World Dance Symposium from June 28, 2007 to July 01, 2007.
Please see http://www.peterdur.us/kwds2007/ for details.

If you would like to be added to or removed from this weekly
email reminder for dance, please send an email to Crystal of the
Westermark, xtalrock at yahoo dot com.

Dance practice this week is in Menlo Park.
Directions:
Take 101 south to the Willow Road exit in Menlo Park. Go west on
Willow Road, away from the Dumbarton Bridge. Go past the first
light to turn left on Durham. Go to the first stop sign and turn
right onto Laurel. Turn left onto O'Keefe. Go one block and park
anywhere legal on O'Keefe or Central Ave. It's a one-story
house, with medium sized redwood trees flanking the yard, in the
middle of the block. 116 O'Keefe St, Menlo Park, CA.
Yahoo!Maps will also give you accurate directions, but will tell
you to turn left from Willow onto O'Keefe at an uncontrolled,
unmarked interesction. I don't recommend it at high traffic
times.
Dance usually starts at 7pm. About 9pm we often go to a local
restaurant for dinner or ice-cream.