westdance: Re: Dance Pickanic! and SCA dance practice in Menlo Park, 2nd Wenesday in August

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 10:40:46 PDT 2006

--- John Schmidt <johnrschmidt at yahoo.com> wrote:

> MOONDANCE!
>
> We've talked about Elpeth's idea for YEARS.  I'm
> stealing it (hope you don't mind!)
>
> On Wednesday, August 9th, at 7:30 PM, we will have a
> dance picnic in the back yard at Matt and Crystal's.
> The idea is to come, change in the house, then come
> out for an evening of graceful dancing, witty company,
> beautiful weather, the full moon, and a picnic of good
> food.  Please bring garb and something to add to the
> board (food), or co-ordinate food.  If you don't care
> to bring food, please co-ordinate with someone who
> does.
>
> I will bring fresh strawberries, herbed chicken,
> bread, and a green salat.  To drink, I will bring some
> wine.  I will also bring paper plates (not terribly
> nice, but terribly easy).
>
> It would be nice (but not neccesary) to organize the
> dancing a little so that we know what we are going to
> perform.  We can work on this as we go this week.
>
> If you're interested in coming, please write back!
>
> Thank you,
>
> John

The house will be open from 6:30 on for those who need to change
or prepare last-minute food.

If you would like to be added to or removed from this weekly
email reminder for dance, please send an email to Crystal of the
Westermark, xtalrock at yahoo dot com.

Dance practice this week is in Menlo Park.
Directions:
Take 101 south to the Willow Road exit in Menlo Park. Go west on
Willow Road, away from the Dumbarton Bridge. Go past the first
light to turn left on Durham. Go to the first stop sign and turn
right onto Laurel. Turn left onto O'Keefe. Go one block and park
anywhere legal on O'Keefe or Central Ave. It's a one-story
house, with medium sized redwood trees flanking the yard, in the
middle of the block. 116 O'Keefe St, Menlo Park, CA.
Yahoo!Maps will also give you accurate directions, but will tell
you to turn left from Willow onto O'Keefe at an uncontrolled,
unmarked interesction (at the 76 Gas Station). I don't recommend
it at high traffic times.

(Crystal A. Larsen)