westdance: Re: SCA dance practice, 1st Wednesday San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 2 19:36:05 PDT 2006

Howdy all,

This is an ever-difficult to remember first Wednesday after a
fifth Wednesday, so think now about going to dance in San Jose
this Wednesday.

Dance practice will start at about 7pm and go to 9pm.

Congratulations to Meg who won the Salitor this weekend with the
ever-popular spin-till-you-drop BOATEMAN. Yay! also for the
princess's guards' efforts to learn Grimstock.

The Province of Golden Rivers (Sacramento, mostly) has a dance
practice for those of you able to attend. Please contact Ariel,
who is listed as the archery marshal on this page
(http://www.goldenrivers.org/contacts.html) for more
information.

There is also dancing in Darkwood, please go to
http://baronyofdarkwood.org/ > Resources > Arts & Sciences
Pavilion and scroll down to dance practice.

We'll also need teachers for the Dance Track at Spring Collegium
on May 13th and the Performing Arts Symposium on May 27.
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/PerformingArtsSymposium.php

1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays in San Jose

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner
and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left
lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right.
Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton
and walk a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although from
the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol route.

If you would like to be added to or removed from this weekly
email reminder for dance, please send an email to Crystal of the
Westermark, xtalrock at yahoo dot com.