westdance: Re: SCA dance practice, 3rd Wednesday San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 10:20:23 PST 2006

Howdy all!

This is the last dance practice before the Crosston Dance Ball
this SATURDAY! There will be more classes the morning of the
ball, please refer to
http://www.halimal.com/crosston/Pages/dancesets.htm for the
teaching schedule and dance list.

If you are planning on staying at the ball-site for the mostly
vegetarian dinner, please send mail to the Autocrat, Baccus
Kaloethes baccus_kaloethes at yahoo.com, to be included in the
head-count. Menu details are posted here:
http://www.halimal.com/crosston/Pages/menu.htm

1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays in San Jose

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner
and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left
lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right.
Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton
and walk a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although from
the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol route.