westdance: Re: SCA dance practice, 1st Wednesday San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 10:30:58 PST 2006

Howdy all!

THIS week is the last dance class/practice before the Duchesses'
Ball at 12th Night, so there will be practice as usual in San
Jose. We've had a request to go over the Shilta section of
Chiranzana (the long, knot-like, Italian dance) so we'll
probably be doing that in the beginner section, if we have at
least 7 couples.

** The Duchess's Ball at 12th Night (Saturday 7Jan05 in San
Jose):
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/12th_night2006.php
** The Crosston Dance Ball on Saturday 21January06 in Palo Alto,
http://www.halimal.com/crosston/Pages/danceball06.htm

The beginners dance class will start at 7pm and go to 7:45. One
dance will be taught every week for 4-6 weeks. This week we will
be choosing a new dance for December. Beginners are welcome to
stay through the usual class from 7:45 to 9pm.

1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays in San Jose

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner
and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right.
Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton
and walk a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although from
the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol route.

------FWD message from Darkwood-------
Greetings all,

This is a reminder. There is no Darkwood Dance practice for this
week - 1st Thursday, January 5, 2006.  Darkwood Dance in Morgan
Hill will resume on the 3rd Thursday, January 19, 2006 at the
home of Marco and Adriana.

Also, the 2nd and 4th Thursday practice in Santa Cruz has been
suspended during the winter months.  Stay posted for more
updates when resumption of practices will begin.

However, do not despair that there is not enough dancing this
month.  There are 3 events that have dancing scheduled in our
local area.  12th Night, this coming Saturday, has the Duchesses
Ball in the evening - January 7th, 2006

http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/12th_night2006.php

The Crosston Ball is scheduled for Saturday, January 21st.
Classes during the day, and dancing at the ball in the evening.

http://www.halimal.com/crosston/Pages/danceball06.htm

And Hawksfeast in Tres Pinos has rumors of dancing after the
feast.

Yours in service,

Na'arah
The Minion