westdance: SAN JOSE! SCA dance practice, 3rd Wednesday San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 5 11:52:23 PST 2005

Howdy all!

This week is the ever-difficult-to-remember first Wednesday
after a fifth Wednesday, so please remember dance practice is in
SAN JOSE this week. There are 7 Wednesday practices between now
and the Crosston Dance Ball on 21Jan05. This Wednesday we'll be
talking about when and where the practice for 28 December will
be, as our usual hosts will be out of town.

The beginners dance class will start at 7pm and go to 7:45. One
dance will be taught every week for 4-6 weeks. This week we will
be choosing a new dance for December. Beginners are welcome to
stay through the usual class from 7:45 to 9pm.

I hope everybody had a great weekend dancing at Jingles and the
Silver Desert Yule. Here's other upcoming dance opportunites:
** Teufelberg Yule http://www.phmoms.com/yule.html
** The Duchess's ball at 12th Night (7Jan05):
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/12th_night2006.php
** The Crosston Dance Ball on Saturday 21January06,
http://www.halimal.com/crosston/Pages/danceball06.htm

1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays in San Jose

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner
and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left
lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right.
Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton
and walk a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although from
the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol route.