westdance: read this one -- SCA dance practice, 4th Wednesday SAN JOSE

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 11:31:09 PST 2005

This Wednesday dance practice will be at Cin and Raz's lovely
parking-enabled and cat-free home in San Jose.
Next week is a 5th Wednesday Dance Party.
The Thursday practice in Morgan hill is cancelled for this week,
please see _way_ below for details.

Directons!

Cin & Raz 408.885.0139
1264 Hanchett, San Jose CA 95126
Both maps.google and mapquest find us successfully.

We are fairly close to the San Jose Arena, The Rosicrucian
Egyptian Museum and Santa Clara University.  El Camino, hwy 82,
is called The Alameda here. It runs about 1.5 miles between the
SJ Arena and SCU.  We're 1/2 way between the two. There is a
sign out front of the house calling it "The Gables". So:

>From Sunnyvale & Santa Clara, along El Camino:
* Go true East, logical South on El Camino, past Santa Clara
University (El Cam becomes The Alameda), pass the Rosicrucian,
about 7 more blocks;
* Right onto Hanchett; go 1.5 blocks; we're on the left.

>From 101 on the peninsula:
* Take 101 S;   Go to 880 South;
* Exit Santa Clara University/ The Alameda eastbound, past the
Rosicrucian, about 17 blocks;
* Right onto Hanchett; go 1.5 blocks; we're on the left.

>From 280 on the peninsula and parts Northwest:
* Take 280 S;   Go to 880 North;
* Exit Santa Clara University/ The Alameda eastbound, past the
Rosicrucian, about 17 blocks
* Right onto Hanchett, go 1.5 blocks

>From 680 and parts Northeast:
* Take 680 S;  which becomes westbound on 280, exit Leigh;
* Turn Right on Leigh at the light.
* In about 3 blocks, when you cross over San Carlos, Leigh
becomes Shasta. Go 3 more blocks. At the light Shasta becomes
Hanchett. Go 1.5 more blocks.

>From 101 S, South San Jose, Campbell and parts Southeast:
* Go to either 101 N or 87 N;   Westbound on 280, exit Leigh;
* Turn Right on Leigh at the light.
* In about 3 blocks, when you cross over San Carlos, Leigh
becomes Shasta. Go 3 more blocks. At the light Shasta becomes
Hanchett. Go 1.5 more blocks.

>From Cupertino, Santa Cruz and parts Southwest:
* Go to 17 N;   Exit 280 eastbound;   IMMEDIATELY exit Leigh;
* 2nd Left over 280 freeway (1s  L is Leland, 2nd L is Leigh,
3rd back onto 280 S);
* In about 3 blocks, when you cross over San Carlos, Leigh
becomes Shasta. Go 3 blocks. At the light Shasta becomes
Hanchett. Go 1.5 more blocks.

* If you missed the Leigh exit off 280, take the next: Meridian
North;
* Cross over San Carlos; Left at Park, a traffic light;
* Right onto Hanchett, at traffic light; go 1.5 blocks.

Leaving our house:
* South on Hanchett will take you to the entrance at 280;
* 2nd light, Right on Parkmoor 2 blocks is 280 N, convenient for
880N or 17S.
* Over the freeway & Left on Moorpark is 280 S and 680 N.
* North on Hanchett, is Right turn only, this is convenient for
87 N and S.
* For left turns onto The Alameda (El Camino) take a R out of
our
driveway, R at end of block,  logical L on Martin (around the
circle) and turn L (west) at the light.

Public Transportation:
* Bus #22 and others pass by on the Alameda, the stop is at
Julian/Hanchett. We're a 1.5 block walk south on Hanchett.

----------- fwd dance reminder for darkwood -------
Greetings Dancers,

Since this 4th Thursday, November 24th, is Thanksgiving, there
will be no Darkwood Dance practice in Santa Cruz.  Darkwood
Dance will resume next week, on the 1st Thursday, December 1st,
in Morgan Hill.

Additional date changes/cancellations:

Thursday, December 29, 2005 - No practice in Morgan Hill
Thursday, January 5, 2006 - No practice in Morgan Hill

It was decided to have a 2 week hiatus for dance practice to
allow people to enjoy/recover from various holidays, and to let
people prepare for 12th Night.

Please contact Na'arah bat Avraham at the_momstable at
rocketmail dot com if you have any questions or concerns
regarding Darkwood Dance practice.

Your in service,

Na'arah
Darkwood Dance minion