westdance: Re: SCA dance practice, 3rd Wednesday San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 10:33:52 PST 2005

There are 10 Wednesday practices between now and the Crosston
Dance Ball on 21Jan05. The last Wednesday of November is a fifth
Wednesday, and on that evening we will try to dance as many of
the dances from the list for the Dance Ball and 12th Night as we
can. To double your learning, please consider attending the
Thursday evening Darkwood Dance practice, see times and
directions at the end of this message.

The beginners dance class will start at 7pm and go to 7:45. One
dance will be taught every week for 4-6 weeks. This week we will
be continuing Fiamma d'Amore. Beginners are welcome to stay
through the usual class from 7:45 to 9pm.

There are numerous dance events coming up as we move into the
feast season:
** The Duchess's ball at 12th Night:
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/12th_night2006.php
** The Crosston Dance Ball on Saturday 21January06, no website
yet but it will be held at the Palo Alto Art Center, behind the
main library on Newell Rd.

1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays in San Jose

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner
and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left
lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right.
Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton
and walk a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although from
the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol route.

-------------begin forwarded message-----------------