westdance: READ THIS ONE _Palo Alto_/ 3rd Wednesday / SCA dance practice

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 10:26:23 PDT 2005

This week dance practice will be moving to the Palo Alto
Children's Library (link with map,
http://www.city.palo-alto.ca.us/library/about/children.html) for
the Youth Reading Program demo. There is not much parking at the
library itself, but it is right next to the Lucie Stern
Community Center which has a moderatly-sized lot. For details
about the demo, please see Francisco Acero's email below. Please
wear garb, and bring a medieval art project if you can.

Please scroll down for details about the Darkwood dance practice
on Thursday.

August has a 5th Wednesday, so start thinking about dances you'd
like to do at the dance party in San Jose.

--- Francisco Acero <kflores at pahl-gosselin.com> wrote:
>  Want to dance?  Feel like showing off your projects?
> Looking for a chance to fight?  Like talking about the SCA?
> Luckily enough, we've got something for you! <grin>  On
> August 17th we're holding a demo for the Palo Alto Library's
> youth summer reading program!  It runs from 7:00 pm
> to about 7:45 pm at the amphitheater behind the
> Children's Library at 1276 Harriet Street, Palo Alto.
> We're hoping to get people there by 6:30 to have time to
> organize.  We're looking for fighters, dancers, A&S
> displays and people willing to explain them, and general
> support!  Come out, have fun, help teach kids about the
> Middle Ages and the SCA!  If you want more information or
> just want to let me know you're coming (cuts down on anxiety
> if we know we've got people coming), feel free to
> contact me [Leonor La Obstinada, leonorlaobstinada at
> sbcglobal dot net ] or Francisco [Francisco Acero kflores at
> pahl-gosselin dot com]...
> Thank you!

---------------Darkwood Dance Reminder---------------------
As a service to those who may be interested in dance:

This is your reminder for Darkwood Dance, 1st Thursday
of the month, August 18th.

The Darkwood Practice is a beginning level dance practice. No
previous experience is necessary. The featured dances for
August will be: Contrapasso and Spanish Jeepsie. We will be
doing
mainly these dances at each practice for the ensuing two months
or until there is sufficient proficiency.

This week, we are fortunate to have Crystal of the Westermark
and
Geoffrey Mathias coming to be guest instructors.

Practice starts at 7:30 pm and runs to approximately
9:00 pm. We then break for root beer floats and
snacks. In courtesy to those who must go to
work/school early the next day (including our hosts),
we'd like to try to be prompt starting and stopping.
We suggest street clothes, rather than garb, for
practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes are a bonus.
Because of the warmer weather, practice may be moving
to the outdoor patio.

If you have any questions or if you would like to be
added to the Darkwood Dance List in yahoo groups,
please contact:

Guest Dance Masters - Crystal of the Westermark and Geoffrey
Mathias
Practice/Dance Group contact - Na'arah bat Avraham
(408) 848-5748 the_momstable at rocketmail.com
Directions to Adriana & Marco's:
Take the 101 to Morgan Hill and exit at Tennant. From
the North exit and continue right, from the South exit
and turn left to go over the overpass.

Turn Left onto Monterey rd. It's about the third light.
Turn Right onto Vineyard just before the Chevron.
Turn Left onto La Crosse.
Turn Left onto Calle Enrique at the stop sign.
Turn Right onto Las Coaches ct.

We are the blue house at the end of the court, #505.
Look for temple dogs at the door. Lost? Call 782-7948.
(Use this phone number only for directions. If you
have other questions, contact Na'arah above)