westdance: SCA dance practice, 2nd Wednesday Menlo Park

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 21:44:40 PDT 2005

Thank you very much, all of you who taught/called/performed
dances at the Ecorngil Arts Fete last weekend. It was a great
event. Congratulations to Lady Cynthia on her shinny new AoA, to
Lady Elena verch Gwillim on her Rose Leaf and to Lady Isabel
d'Triana on her second Rose Leaf!

Please keep in mind Collegium Occidentalis will be on Oct 15th,
and dance teachers will be needed.

We’re trying a new format for the Wednesday night dance class. A
beginners dance class will start at 7pm and go to 7:45. One
dance will be taught every week for 4-6 weeks. We have not
chosen a dance for this August, but the upcoming Pied dance at
Purgatorio [http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/Purg2005.php],
Lorayne Alman; or the upcoming Saltatoris at Mists coronet
[http://mists.westkingdom.org/2005FallCoronet.html]; Danse de
Cleves, are strong contenders. Beginners are welcome to stay
through the usual class from 7:45 to 9pm.

If you would like to be added to or removed from this weekly
email reminder for dance, please send an email to Crystal
of the Westermark, xtalrock at yahoo dot com.

Dance practice this week is in Menlo Park.
Directions:
Take 101 south to the Willow Road exit in Menlo Park. Go west on
Willow Road, away from the Dumbarton Bridge. Go past the first
light to turn left on Durham. Go to the first stop sign and turn
right onto Laurel. Turn left onto O'Keefe. Go one block and park
anywhere legal on O'Keefe or Central Ave. It's a one-story
house, with medium sized redwood trees flanking the yard, in the
middle of the block. 116 O'Keefe St, Menlo Park, CA.
Yahoo!Maps will also give you accurate directions, but will tell
you to turn left from Willow onto O'Keefe at an uncontrolled,
unmarked interesction. I don't recommend it at high traffic
times.
Dance usually starts at 7pm. About 9pm we often go to a local
restaurant for dinner or ice-cream.

(Crystal A. Larsen)

---------------Darkwood Dance Reminder---------------------
> Greetings Dancers,
>
> This is your reminder for Thursday, August 11.
>
> During the summer on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays we will be
> having dance
> practice at the Galleria Parking Structure in Santa Cruz.
> Leonor la
> Obstinada and Francisco de Acero have volunteered to teach
> dance at the
> same time and place as the fighter/rapier practices. So if the
> 1st,
> 3rd, and 5th Thursdays haven't been enough dance in Darkwood
> for you,
> here is another opportunity. If the experiment goes well, we
> will try to continue it in future months.
>
> This is a beginning level dance practice. No previous
> experience is
> necessary. Practice starts at 7:30 pm and runs to
> approximately 9:00
> pm. We suggest street clothes, rather than garb, for practice.
> This is
> an outdoor venue, please dress appropriately and wear
> comfortable footwear.
>
> We will be sharing the practice location with the rapier and
> fighter practice.
>
> If you have any questions or if you would like to be added to
> the Darkwood Dance List in yahoo groups, please contact:
>
> Dance Master - Vyncent atte Wodegate (408) 250-5563
> torlanswingmeister at yahoo.com
> Practice/Dance Group contact - Na'arah bat Avraham (408)
> 848-5748 the_momstable at rocketmail.com
>

> Directions:
> From the south:
>
> Take Hwy 1 to the intersection of River Street in Santa
> Cruz--it's the very
> first stoplight once you hit Santa Cruz. Turn left onto River
> Street.
>
> ***Go through the next two stoplights--the last one will be
> the intersection
> of River and Water Streets---you will come to an odd
> intersection in
> less
> than a block that has either a stop SIGN if you go straight or
> curves around
> to the right----go to the stop SIGN---continue on straight
> through
> it---there will be a Wells Fargo Bank on your right---the
> Galleria Parking Structure is right after the bank on the
right.