westdance: Re: 4th Wednesday/Menlo Park SCA dance practice

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 10:34:30 PDT 2005

This week's dance practice will be focused on the dances to be
taught at the Ecorngill Performing Arts Fete on August 6th,
2005. Please refer to this website for event details:
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/PerformingArtsFete.php
If you have volunteered to teach or call dances at the fete and
need to practice, please attend.

We’re trying a new format for the Wednesday night dance class. A
beginners dance class will start at 7pm and go to 7:45. One
dance (I think it's either Fain or Spanish Jeepsie this month)
will be taught every week for 4-6 weeks. Beginners are welcome
to stay through the usual class from 7:45 to 9pm.

If you would like to be added to or removed from this weekly
email reminder for dance, please send an email to Crystal
of the Westermark, xtalrock at yahoo dot com.

Dance practice this week is in Menlo Park.
Directions:
Take 101 south to the Willow Road exit in Menlo Park. Go west on
Willow Road, away from the Dumbarton Bridge. Go past the first
light to turn left on Durham. Go to the first stop sign and turn
right onto Laurel. Turn left onto O'Keefe. Go one block and park
anywhere legal on O'Keefe or Central Ave. It's a one-story
house, with medium sized redwood trees flanking the yard, in the
middle of the block. 116 O'Keefe St, Menlo Park, CA.
Yahoo!Maps will also give you accurate directions, but will tell
you to turn left from Willow onto O'Keefe at an uncontrolled,
unmarked interesction. I don't recommend it at high traffic
times.
Dance usually starts at 7pm. About 9pm we often go to a local
restaurant for dinner or ice-cream.

(Crystal A. Larsen)

---------------Darkwood Dance Reminder---------------------
Greetings Dancers,

This notice is for Thursday, July 28th.
Another opportunity for dancing has presented itself. during the
summer, we will be having dance practice at the Galleria Parking
Structure in Santa Cruz. Leonor la Obstinada and Francisco de
Acero have volunteered to teach dance at the same time and place
as the fighter/rapier practices. So if the 1st, 3rd, and 5th
Thursdays haven't been enough dance in Darkwood for you, here is
another opportunity. If the experiment goes well, we will try to
continue it in future months.

This is a beginning level dance practice. No previous experience
is necessary. Practice starts at 7:30 pm and runs to
approximately 9:00 pm. We suggest street clothes, rather than
garb, for practice. This is an outdoor venue, please dress
appropriately and wear comfortable footwear.

We will be sharing the practice location with the rapier and
fighter practice.

If you have any questions or if you would like to be added to
the
Darkwood Dance List in yahoo groups, please contact:

Dance Master - Vyncent atte Wodegate (408) 250-5563
torlanswingmeister at yahoo.com
Practice/Dance Group contact - Na'arah bat Avraham (408)
848-5748
the_momstable at rocketmail.com

Directions:
>From the south:

Take Hwy 1 to the intersection of River Street in Santa
Cruz--it's the very first stoplight once you hit Santa Cruz.
Turn left onto River Street.

***Go through the next two stoplights--the last one will be the
intersection of River and Water Streets---you will come to an
odd intersection in less than a block that has either a stop
SIGN if you go straight or curves around to the right----go to
the stop SIGN---continue on straight through it---there will be
a Wells Fargo Bank on your right---the Galleria Parking
Structure is right after the bank on the right.

>From Hwy. 17 (San Jose area) ----17 stops at Hwy. 1--take Hwy 1
NORTH to the River Street stoplight/intersection. Follow
directions from ***

Go up to the third floor---second floor if it is raining. There
we are.

The Rapier Marshall, Brigit's cell is on during practice. Her
number is 831-334-2652 if anyone gets lost and needs help.