westdance: Dance at A&S

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 14:11:06 PDT 2005

Howdy all,

Someone mailed me privately asking what A&S is. So I thought I’d
post to the list in case there’s anyone else who’s wondering.

A&S (The Arts and Sciences Tournament) is a weekend-long camping
event featuring classes on various topics. There’s web site for
it, and it’ll be updated real soon now:
http://arts-sciences.westkingdom.org/tourney05/.
This year A&S is July 22-24 at Coyote Lake Park in Gilroy (Link
to park:
http://www.parkhere.org/channel/0,4770,chid%253D16486%2526sid%253D12761,00.html).

The site fee (also called gate fee, it's like a cover charge) is
$10 per person, plus $6 per car/night if you are camping. Some
classes also have fees for materials. There will be classes all
sorts of medieval arts including cooking, glass beads,
fan-making, embroidery and clothing.
There’s a list of classes, sorted by the names of the teachers
here:
http://arts-sciences.westkingdom.org/tourney05/Teacher.html

Generally, for a local SCA event you can see if there's a link
on The West Kingdom Calendar site:
http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions,
xtalrock at yahoo.com

Crystal of the Westermark