westdance: Another Bonus Annoucement and SCA dance practice, 1st Wednesday/San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 12:43:34 PST 2005

Howdy everybody!

There's a non-SCA dance incorporating some historical dance into
an otherwise waltzy Ball this weekend in San Mateo. PEERS is
hosting The Romeo and Juliet Ball: A Romantic Renaissance Ball.
Details here http://www.peers.org/romjul.html

Back the to usual reminder:
We’re trying a new format for the Wednesday night dance class,
modeled after the beginning fighter practice at Mission College.
A new beginner’s dance class will start at 7pm and go to 7:45.
One dance will be taught every week for 4-6 weeks. We will
continue Contrapasso this week, unless we come up with a new
plan. Beginners are welcome to stay through the usual class from
7:45 to 9pm. The intermediate section of the class will feature
Galliard variations. If you are interested in more beginner
classes, please read down to the bottom of this mail for details
about the Darkwood Dance class on 1st, 3rd, and 5th Thursdays in
Morgan Hill.

On First, Third, and Fifth Wednesdays, dance practice is in San
Jose. On Second and Fourth Wednesdays dance practice is in Menlo
Park.

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
are a bonus. We normally break around 9pm for dinner and
rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people
who ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north
for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right. Parking
is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton and walk
a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA

Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although from
the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol route.

See you there,
Crystal of the Westermark

----FWD Annoucment-----

This is your reminder for Darkwood Dance, 1st Thursday of the
month, March 3rd.

This is a beginning level dance practice.  No previous
experience is necessary. The featured dances for March/April
will be Lorrayne Alman, Bransle Official, and Black Nag.  We
will be doing mainly these dances at each practice for the
ensuing two months.

Practice starts at 7:30 pm and runs to approximately 9:00 pm. We
then break for root beer floats and snacks. In courtesy to those
who must go to work/school early the next day (including our
hosts), we'd like to try to be prompt starting and stopping. We
suggest street clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean,
soft-soled shoes are a bonus.

As a bonus, on the 5th Thursday, March 31st, we will be having a
special program - A Souped Up Review!!!!.  We will begin at 7 pm
with a soup supper, then review all the dances we have learned
so far.

If you have any questions or if you would like to be added to
the
Darkwood Dance List in yahoo groups, please contact:

Dance Master - Vyncent atte Wodegate (408) 250-5563
torlanswingmeister at yahoo.com
Practice/Dance Group contact - Na'arah bat Avraham (408)
848-5748
the_momstable at rocketmail.com

Directions to Adriana & Marco's:

Take the 101 to Morgan Hill and exit at Tennant. From the North
exit and continue right,
from the South exit and turn left to go over the overpass.

Turn Left onto Monterey rd. It's about the third light.
Turn Right onto Vineyard just before the Chevron.
Turn Left onto La Crosse.
Turn Left onto Calle Enrique at the stop sign.
Turn Right onto Las Coaches ct.

We are the blue house at the end of the court, #505. Look for
temple dogs at the door. Lost? Call 782-7948. (Use this phone
number only for directions. If you have other questions, contact
Na'arah above)