westdance: Bonus Annoucement and SCA dance practice, 4th Wednesday/Menlo Park

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 18:24:11 PST 2005

***Bonus Modern Dance Classes*** The Friday Night Waltz group
(http://www.fridaynightwaltz.com/) is putting together a slew of
classes on beginning modern dance FOR BEGINERS. If you've ever
looked at Polka or Lindy or Waltz variations and thought "hey,
that looks like fun, but I don't have time to devote 18 Thursday
evenings to decide whether or not I like it" this is the event
for you. Come and try something! There will be Swing, Latin,
Ballroom, Vintage and Folk class-tracks. 9-6pm Saturday June
4th, $40, Oakland Veteran’s Hall

We’re trying a new format for the Wednesday night dance
class, modeled after the beginning fighter practice at Mission
College. A beginners dance class will start at 7pm and go
to 7:45. One dance (Contrapasso) will be taught every week for
4-6 weeks. Beginners are welcome to stay through the usual class
from 7:45 to 9pm.

If you would like to be added to the weekly email reminder list
for dance, please send an email to Crystal of the Westermark,
xtalrock at yahoo dot com.

Dance practice this week is in Menlo Park.
Directions:
Take 101 south to the Willow Road exit in Menlo Park. Go west on
Willow Road, away from the Dumbarton Bridge. Go past the first
light to turn left on Durham. Go to the first stop sign and turn
right onto Laurel. Turn left onto O'Keefe. Go one block and park
anywhere legal on O'Keefe or Central Ave. It's a one-story
house, with medium sized redwood trees flanking the yard, in the
middle of the block. 116 O'Keefe St, Menlo Park, CA.
Yahoo!Maps will also give you accurate directions, but will tell
you to turn left from Willow onto O'Keefe at an uncontrolled,
unmarked interesction. I don't recommend it at high traffic
times.
Dance usually starts at 7pm. About 9pm we often go to a local
restaurant for dinner or ice-cream.

(Crystal A. Larsen)