westdance: SCA dance practice, 3rd Wednesday/San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 22:07:13 PST 2005

Thank you to everyone who made the Crosston Ball a great event.

The next event with LOTS of dancing will be the Shire of
Ecorngill's Performing Arts Fete on August 6th.

We’re trying a new format for the Wednesday night dance class,
modeled after the beginning fighter practice at Mission College.
A new beginner’s dance class will start at 7pm and go to 7:45.
One dance will be taught every week for 4-6 weeks. We will start
Black Alman this week. Beginners are welcome to stay through the
usual class from 7:45 to 9pm. The intermediate section of the
class will feature Galliard variations. If you are interested in
more beginner classes, please read down to the bottom of this
mail for details about the Darkwood Dance class on 1st, 3rd, and
5th Thursdays in Morgan Hill.

On First, Third, and Fifth Wednesdays, dance practice is in San
Jose. On Second and Fourth Wednesdays dance practice is in Menlo
Park.

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
are a bonus. We normally break around 9pm for dinner and
rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people who
ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays.

Directions that assume you are coming from the north:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station.
Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right. Parking
is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton and walk
a block.

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA

Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although from
the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol route.

See you there,
Crystal of the Westermark

----------------FWD message---------------
Dear Darkwood Dancers,

This is your reminder about practice for the 1st Thursday of the
month.
This is a beginning level dance practice. No previous experience
is necessary. Featured dances for this practice will be Amoroso
and Chestnut.

Practice starts at 7:30 pm and runs to approximately 9:00 pm. We
then break for root beer floats and snacks. In courtesy to those
who must go to work/school early the next day (including our
hosts), we'd like to try to be prompt starting and stopping. We
suggest street clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean,
soft-soled shoes are a bonus.

If you have any questions, please contact:
Dance Master - Vyncent atte Wodegate 408 250 5563
torlanswingmeister at yahoo dot com
Practice contact - Na'arah bat Avraham 408 848 5748
the_momstable at rocketmail dot com

Directions to Adriana & Marco's:

Take the 101 to Morgan Hill and exit at Tennant. From the North
exit and continue right, from the South exit and turn left to go
over the overpass.
Turn Left onto Monterey rd. It's about the third light.
Turn Right onto Vineyard just before the Chevron.
Turn Left onto La Crosse.
Turn Left onto Calle Enrique at the stop sign.
Turn Right onto Las Coaches ct.

We are the blue house at the end of the court, #505. Look for
temple dogs at the door. Lost? Call 782 7948. (Use this phone
number only for directions. If you have other questions, contact
Na'arah 408 848 5748 the_momstable at rocketmail dot com)