westdance: Re: SCA dance practice, 3rd Wednesday/San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 17:01:49 PST 2004

We’re going to try a new format for the Wednesday night dance
class, modeled after the beginning fighter practice at Mission
College. A new beginner’s dance class will start at 7pm and go
to 7:45. One dance will be taught every week for 4-6 weeks. The
current dance is Chestnut, an English Country Dance. Beginners
are welcome to stay through the usual class from 7:45 to 9pm. If
you are interested in more beginner classes, please read down to
the bottom of this mail for details about the Darkwood Dance
class on 1st, 3rd, and 5th Thursdays in Morgan Hill.

On First, Third, and Fifth Wednesdays, dance practice is in San
Jose. On Second and Fourth Wednesdays dance practice is in Menlo
Park.

If you would like to be added to the weekly email reminder list
for dance, please send an email to Crystal of the Westermark,
xtalrock at yahoo dot com. This reminder, posted to SCA-west
will soon cease.

Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street
clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes
are a bonus. We normally break around 9pm for dinner and
rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people who
ask about dance practice.

Here's the directions for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays.

Directions that assume you are coming from the north:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe).
Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left lane.
Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas
station. Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before
the 76 station.
Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until
Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.
Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).

Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right. Parking
is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton and walk
a block (but then, you get to sniff the neighbor's roses).

76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA

Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although from
the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol route.

See you there,
Crystal of the Westermark

----fwd message---

Darkwood now has regularly scheduled dance practices on the 1st,
3rd and 5th Thursdays of each month.  This is a terrific chance
to learn dances for the indoor revel season, get an SCA style
workout, or just have fun while dancing and socializing.

This is a beginning level dance practice.  No previous
experience is necessary.  Featured dances for November/December
will be Rufty Tufty, Black Almain, and Hearts Ease.  We will be
doing mainly these three dances at each practice for the ensuing
two months.  The featured dances for January/February will be
Amoroso and Chestnut.

Practice starts at 7:30 pm and runs to approximately 9:00 pm. We
then break for root beer floats and snacks. In courtesy to those
who must go to work/school early the next day (including our
hosts), we'd like to try to be prompt starting and stopping. We
suggest street clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean,
soft-soled shoes are a bonus.

If you have any questions, please contact:
Dance Master - Vyncent atte Wodegate 408  250 5563
torlanswingmeister at yahoo dot com
Practice contact - Na'arah bat Avraham 408  848 5748
the_momstable at rocketmail dot com

Directions to Adriana & Marco's:

Take the 101 to Morgan Hill and exit at Tennant. From the North
exit and continue right, from the South exit and turn left to go
over the overpass.
Turn Left onto Monterey rd. It's about the third light.
Turn Right onto Vineyard just before the Chevron.
Turn Left onto La Crosse.
Turn Left onto Calle Enrique at the stop sign.
Turn Right onto Las Coaches ct.

We are the blue house at the end of the court, #505. Look for
temple dogs at the door. Lost? Call 782 7948. (Use this phone
number only for directions. If you have other questions, contact
Na'arah 408  848 5748 the_momstable at rocketmail dot com)