westdance: Pied Dances - 2005

Larsen, Matt matt.larsen at certive.com
Tue Oct 26 09:21:39 PDT 2004

> > Would that be so bad?  As long as it was *heavily*
> > taught at everything during the year.
>
> Perhaps, but I would prefer not to focus on one dance
> every single event.  IMHO, It doesn't give those who
> actually attend practice and know the dance as much
> value, and I think we need to try and cater to all
> dance abilities.  Dance practices are available to
> everyone who wants to learn, and I'm more than happy
> to teach new things.

Mmmm... yes, I agree.  And in particular, the Pied has
been something intended to give people a taste of dance,
and something accessible to even very new people.  We
could change that, but it should be an intentional change.
Is that what we want?  I haven't gotten a feel that it is.

> As such, I do notice that we haven't done Villanella
> for quite some time (Contrapasso was done in 2001), so
> I think it would be a good idea to switch it out.  By
> the way, does anyone have the full listing of dances
> done in 2003?  I know we did Geloxia, Pease Bransle,
> Amoroso, and Contitezza d'Amore, but I don't recall
> what the other two dances for that year were.  Just
> trying to update my records =)

I believe we did Washerwoman's bransle, but that may have
been in 2004, not 2003.  I'm sure we did some ECD, but I'm
not sure what.

Geoffrey