westdance: upcoming Darkwood Masked Ball

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Sep 29 04:14:04 PDT 2004

I got this from the Autocrat of the Darkwood Masked Ball -- hey Vyncent,
did you forget to tell us about this wonderful dancing?

Musicians -

I received your names from John Rossignol as musicians who love to play for
dancers. Attached is an e-mail I sent to Crosston, Southern Shores, and
Darkwood. I apologize for not contacting you directly earlier, but I'm
still relatively new to the SCA and don't know who all the musicians are!

**********************************

When is a Ball not a ball? When you have to dance to a bard-in-the-box.
Live music is EVER so much better!

Darkwood's Baroness' Masked Ball is October 23. I'm looking for musicians
to accompany our dancers. Vyncent atte Wodegate is our dance master, and
the dance sets are published at http://www.naadhira.net/MaskedBall.html, so
you can prepare music ahead of time.

I *know* you folks are out there. You appear magically on the Eric for
dance competitions. You pop out of the crowd to accompany impromptu dancing
at feasts. So, if you're planning to attend the Masked Ball, ease a
first-time autocrat's mind and let her know you'll be there and are willing
to play for us!