westdance: June Crown Dessert and Dance Revel

Francis Classe torlanswingmeister at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 2 10:32:52 PDT 2004

Greetings Dancers, Musicians, and Dance Aficionados
Everywhere, (I apologize for the double post if you
get one)

I am planning a Dessert and Dance Revel to take place
on the Eric at this coming June Crown.  It will begin
shortly after dinner, ideally around 8pm, and will
last for about an hour.  There will be drinks,
desserts, dancing, and most importantly, lighting! =)
I've also borrowed an idea from Master Gregory to have
little dance booklets outlining the steps and
tabulations for each dance, and will have flyers ready
for privies and to be handed out at troll.

Their Majesties given this their blessing, and I have
heard that Her Majesty, at the least, would be happy
to open the revel with the first dance.  So, I would
like to put a call out for contributions of your time,
as in volunteer musicians, to come and enjoy the
dance, or even just moral support =)  If there are any
questions on the revel, or any suggestions, I would
love to hear them either on the open forum or in a
personal email.  I've also included the set list for
the revel below.  Looking forward to a wonderful June
Crown!

Dance Set List

Set I:
Candlestick Bransle
Rufty Tufty
Contrapasso
Petit Riens
Black Alman

Break and 16th Century Italian Presentation:
Furioso Al’Italia (or Contitezza d'Amore)

Set II:
Amoroso
Chestnut
Official Bransle
Villanella
Gathering Peascods

Official Set List Ends: Dance Requests until 9pm

Presentation by Judith’s Head Dance Company at 9pm

Kindest Regards,

Vyncent atte Wodegate