pennsicdance: Pennsic European Dance Thanks and Wrap Up

European Dance Pennsic War pennsic.eurodance at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 10:12:04 PDT 2013

Unto the dance community of Pennsic and beyond, do I, Margherita
Battistina, wish to convey my deepest gratitude for a wonderful Pennsic!  I
have been overwhelmed by the show of support you gave me this year, and I
can only hope you had as fantastic a Pennsic as I.

Now that we are all home and settling back into our other lives, I would
like to ask you to think back on your experiences in the Pennsic Dance
Pavilion this year, and send me your feedback.  Were there things you
especially liked, people you’d like to compliment, or problems of which I
should be made aware?  Please let me know by sending me an email at pennsic
(dot) eurodance (at) gmail (dot) com.

I experienced so many wonderful things this year, but I’d like to highlight
some of my favorites:
> The European Dance Flash Mob was so awesome that Pennsic site staff came
out and took videos of it!  One of them allowed me to upload their video,
which you can all now watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay0FBSoQZdk!
> We had more compliments in the Comments box commending the Youth Dance
Track and the people who made it happen than we had about everything else
combined!
> There was an actual, unplanned proposal during Saturday night’s ball!
> The Class Attendance Contest was a huge hit, and the winner had 20 beads!

It takes so many people to make this event happen, and while I have your
attention I’d like to thank all that I can.  The list is long, but every
one of these people deserves our thanks!

Floor Coordinators and Pavilion Steward, Lord Connor Roe, Lord Vels inn
Viggladi, Lord Gwommy Arpad and THL Darius the Dancer – without whom the
floor literally would never have happened!
And to the 14 people who volunteered at the Floor setup and the 22 who
volunteered at Floor break-down – I’m sorry I don’t know all of your names,
but your service is greatly appreciated!

Music: Music Coordinator Lord Aaron Drummond; Lady Jadwiga Krzyzanowska;
Lady Meg Raynsford; Master Martin Bildner; Master Avatar; Lady Rebecca bint
Cariadoc; Maugorn the Stray; the bands Musica Sine Nomine, Peascod
Gatherers, and Istanpitta; and the many individual musicians of the pick-up
bands

Scheduler, Master Lorenzo Petrucci
Web Minister, Master Gregory Blount
Publicity Coordinator, Lady Lorita de Siena

Lady Betryse Aaradyn Ghyoot for taking the group picture as well as
pictures at many of the balls, and heralding the Beginner’s Ball.

Revels and Open Dancing Hosts: Lord Maurin Lessault, brother Guilaume di
San Marino, Master Conrad Martin von Kassel, Mistress Emma Danskona, Master
Martin Bildner, Lady Sonya Flicker, Lord James Blackcloak, Master Gregory
Blount, Her Majesty Queen Eridani Aureus of Trimaris, Master Lorenzo
Petrucci, Mistress Felice Debbage, and Countess Judith de Northumbria

Teachers: Lady Gianna Vettori, Lady Ginevra Boscoli, Lady Gwenllyen the
Minstrel, Lady Meg Raynsford, Lady Rebecca bint Cariadoc, Lady Sonya
Flicker (Patches), Lord Dunstan Bramblette, Lord Maurin Lessault, Lord
sionn the lost, THL Henry of Maldon, Baroness Myfanwy ferch Eifion,
Baroness Nadezda ze Zastrizl, Baroness Serafina Alamanni, brother Guilaume
di San Marino, Master Gregory Blount, Master Lorenzo Petrucci, Master
Martin Bildner, Master Sion Andreas o Wynedd, Mistress Alina of Foxwood,
Mistress Emma Danskona, Mistress Felice Debbage, Countess Judith de
Nortrhumbria, and the Saltatoris Dance Guild

And lastly, I’d like to thank the entire Pennsic Staff for making this
event happen.  Without them, we would not have electricity and lights, the
fabulous new registration system, supplies for the dance floor, the tent
would not be up and ready for our use when we arrive, and so much more.
 These people work very hard to make a little magic for us all, and I am
grateful that they do.

Mayor: Mistress Chai’usun
Deputy Mayor of Cultural Affairs: THL Helena Sibylla
Pennsic University Chancellor: Baroness Gwynnyd of York
Pennsic University Registrar: THL Artimisia Lacebrayder
University Point Coordinator: Capt. Elias Gedney (especially for recording
all of our attendance for us!)
Great Hall Scheduler and Dean of the College of Performing Arts: Lady
Lorelei Skye
Quartermasters: Lord Subotai Cinoa and Torin Ironbrow
Deputy Mayor of Technical Services: Lord Gregory Maclay (Tree)
Site Coordinator: Lord Aiben
Pennsic Power & Lights: Lord Magnus of the East

I hope you all have a wonderful fall and look forward to working with you
again next year.

May you find joy in every step!
Margaret

THL Margherita Battistina (Margaret Roe)
Dean of the School of European Dance, Pennsic 42