pennsicdance: Two Beginner Oriented Balls at Pennsic

Sonya patches023 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 18 16:35:55 PDT 2012

For those of you going to Pennsic,

I would like to take this opportunity to invite everyone to two evening
revels.

I will be hosting the Beginners' Ball on Sunday August 5 from 8 pm on into
the night held in the European Dance Tent.  We welcome dancers of all levels
(partners and fancy garb not necessary) as well as musicians for our
fabulous open band.  We will dance a lively assortment of dances from
Bransles to English Country to dances from the Inns of Court to some easy
Italian dances. Is all this meaningless to you? Don't worry as this is a
'teaching' ball. Beginners more than welcome. Music will be provided by an
open band assembled at Pennsic. We welcome musicians to join us in our
celebration. There will be light refreshments, which are generously
sponsored by the Barony of Storvik.  Our set list is as follows:
*	I: Sellinger's Round, Montard Bransle, Lorayne Alman, New Boe Peep,
Jenny Pluck Pears
*	II: Gathering Peasecods, Horse's Bransle, Black Alman, Rufty Tufty,
Heart's Ease
*	III: Annello, Washer Woman's Bransle, Madame Sosilia, Piva,
Chestnut, Rostiboli Gioioso
*	IV: Upon A Summer's Day, Pease Bransle, Amoroso, Galliard
*	V: Hyde Park, Belle Qui Pavanne, Gelosia, Goddesses
Mirabella will host the Mainly English Revel on Thursday August 9 from 8 pm
on into the night held in the European Dance Tent.  Like the Beginner's
Ball, we welcome dancers of all levels (partners and fancy garb not
necessary) as well as musicians for our fabulous open band.  While there
will not be teaching at the ball, many of the dances are beginner friendly
and there will be many people that know each dance who might be willing to
help out beginners.  In addition, there will be a prep class before the
revel.  Music will be provided by an open band assembled at Pennsic. We
welcome musicians to join us in our celebration. There will be light
refreshments, which are generously sponsored by the Green Lion Bay Canton.
Our set list is as follows:
*	Set I: Sellinger's Round, Gathering Peascods, New Boe Peep, Black
Nag
*	Set II: Horse's Bransle, Montard Bransle, Officals Bransle, Washer
Woman's Bransle
*	Set III: Jenny Pluck Pears, Rufty Tufty, Heart's Ease, Hit or Miss,
Chestnut
*	Set IV: Upon a Summer's Day, Goddesses, Picking of Sticks, Black
Alman
*	Set V: Hyde Park, Heralds in Love, Parson's Farewell, Whirlygig

YIS,
Lady Sonya Flicker aka Patches

Please feel free to post this information widely.