pennsicdance: Beautifying Pennsic

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 01:47:34 PST 2010

Sounds like a good idea, as long as they disassemble or pack down to fit ok
in the trailer.  (there is certainly some space, but we may still have to
plan depending on intentions.  But at least it is quite a long space.)

(oh, but just make sure that these items don't get packed on top of the
bandshell.  it isn't load bearing)

Unfortunately, since I won't be there, I won't be able to help out this
year.  But I can still hinder with additional suggestions.  :)

Basically, this is a lower priority, but something I had in mind for a
while, which is to make a few additional "medieval-looking" lights,
specifically for the musician's area.  Something that could take a regular
bulb, but would look like something from period on the outside?  I haven't
had a chance to research, so I'm not sure what is possible.  I just know
that the musicians would appreciate more light, and I don't think that
pointing one of the 500 Watt lights right at them, or right at the dancers,
would be effective.

Good luck with the projects!  At least there is no major floor work planned
for this year, I don't think, so it is a reasonable year to attempt some
extra side projects, or even to do them Before Pennsic possibly?

Darius

P.S.  I'll still get that revised dance floor construction document together
sometime here.  It is in progress, but life has been busy.