pennsicdance: Pennsic Dance 2009

judith judithsca at aol.com
Tue Apr 7 13:51:09 PDT 2009

Salve, Master Avatar!
   I am coordinating dance at Pennsic once more. :-)
   Alas, you are too late for the 15th c. revel (already have an ensemble
tasked for it this year), but there are other options - for example, there
is the pre-1603 evening (which would involve 15th c. dances), and then there
is the Ball from 1503 which I shall be hosting as Queen.
    As for the Breton evening, I would rather not (not because I dislike
Breton dances - they are highly energetic, and I love the music). The
documentability of the dance form is, as you stated, questionable, and I
fear the slippery slope argument if we open that door (i.e. "well, Hole in
the Wall is more documentable to being within period than those dances, so
why do we not do that?). Any other opinions on the topic?

Judith