pennsicdance: Caroso Ball survey

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Mar 19 19:40:01 PDT 2009

Thank you to the 26 people who responded to the survey. Here are the
raw results:

1. Have you attended a Caroso-style Ball or Real Caroso Ball before?

25 yes - 1 no

2. Did you have fun?

19 yes - 0 no - 5 At some, but not all of them
- 2 comments (1 haven't attended, 1 "kind of", only been to one)

3. What did you like and not like about it? (pick more than one...)

a. Refreshments - 13 like, 0 dislike
b. I like sitting and watching other people dance - 17 yes, 6 no.
c. I like showing off while people are watching! 17 yes, 4 no.
d. Other - 8 comments: all different things

4. Which would you prefer at Pennsic 38?

Caroso-style Ball (all eras of dancing) - 15
Real Caroso - 2
Either - 8
Neither - 1 (a person who won't be attending Pennsic)

5. What times would you like to attend a Caroso Ball? (pick more than one if you like)

a. Morning (10am) - 2 yea, 20 yuck
b. Afternoon (2pm) - 14 yea, 6 yuck
c. Evening (8pm) - 18 yea, 3 yuck
d. Evening (9pm) - 14 yea, 1 yuck

[ Note that experience tells me that people say they'll show up for
8pm events, but in practice they don't end up making it: dinner runs
late, they aren't dressed, etc. ]

7. Would you like me to avoid scheduling against the big battles?

5 yes - 3 no - 17 don't care

8. Other comments - 6

3 people would prefer "1600 and earlier" instead of all eras, and 2
more suggested a combination of 15th and 16th century Italian. One
comment that KWDS seems to be the only place that can support a
Real Caroso.