pennsicdance: Level Ground

Alex Clark alexbclark at pennswoods.net
Tue Aug 12 10:24:24 PDT 2008

At 08:19 AM 7/5/2008 -0400, I wrote:
>. . . Actually leveling the entire floor would raise the lower corner
>(near both roads) to more than 2 feet above the ground, and maybe more
>than three feet. I don't believe that leveling the floor is feasible
>without leveling the ground.

I confirmed this last Friday with a tape measure and a level. As set up
this year, the floor was very close to three feet lower at the lowest
corner than at the highest corner; three feet was well within the margin of
error for the measurement (the exact mark was a tiny bit higher). And I was
aiming to sight across to the corner of the dancing area, excluding the
musicians' corner which is even a tiny bit higher.

--
Henry of Maldon/Alex Clark