pennsicdance: Level Ground

Alex Clark alexbclark at pennswoods.net
Sat Jul 5 05:19:26 PDT 2008

At 03:08 PM 6/30/2008 -0400, David Learmonth wrote:
>Just for interest sake, I remember we looked at trying to level things
>out via shimming the floor and such last year, but we did not proceed
>with this (other than fixing the holes).
>
>Basically, if you were to prop up the south (road) side enough to even
>it out, then it would be an insane tripping / falling hazard.  I think
>we figured that the sudden drop off would be something like 6 inches,
>. . .

That is about the result that I would expect from reducing the slope of the
lower part of the floor to match the slope of the upper part (for now, the
lower part has a steeper slope). Actually leveling the entire floor would
raise the lower corner (near both roads) to more than 2 feet above the
ground, and maybe more than three feet. I don't believe that leveling the
floor is feasible without leveling the ground.

--
Henry of Maldon/Alex Clark