pennsicdance: Pennsic Dance Thanks

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 20:06:03 PDT 2007

Ah, I had also been meaning to thank everyone for Pennsic this year.
Perhaps I should use Judith's thanks as a catalyst to get to it.

I think that we had a great year!  Everyone I spoke with was really
pleased, and rather enjoyed the evenings in the Tent and Barn (and of
course the Classes too.  I just wasn't always awake to be there
earlier in the day)

Regarding the Dance Floor, I would like to thank everyone who helped
with Setup and Teardown.  It went splendidly this year, despite the
weather.  We even got enough built a day early (Tuesday) that we could
use it sooner than usual, and it meant that Wednesday only took a
couple of hours to complete.  (This is why some of you may have
noticed it finished when you showed up to help on Wednesday.  Sorry
for the scheduling change, it was last minute, and I wasn't sure how
long it would still take).  Teardown went smoothly as usual, taking
only around 1.5 hours.

Oh, and dance floor wise, just a quick special thanks to Gwommy for
all his work and painting, to Emma and Martin whose enthusiasm and
skills brought the floor together well ahead of schedule, and to Chuck
and Thomas, our non-dancer labour who have been a major part of
construction at least these past 2 years.

I think that is about it.  It was great to see all of you, and I look
forward to next year (I am hoping I can make it.  I'll know my
schedule in a few months)  Hopefully it won't be quite as hot as last
year, since we are planning on getting some new floor pieces made to
replace a few that are getting rather old (and somewhat water
damaged).  But the floor has outlasted most expectations, and
continues to make for a great atmosphere, and saver of legs, each
year.  I am proud of what we accomplish, and I think it is one of the
Great Works of Pennsic.

Darius and Lynnette