pennsicdance: (no subject)

Judith judithsca at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 09:58:37 PDT 2007

May it be known that this year, at the grand assembly which shall occur in
the town of Pennsic, there will be a magnificent Ball.  It has been deemed
that this fete will harken back to the days of our forefathers who founded
the magnificence of Athens and Rome.  Thus are all noble and gentle people
invited to attend adorned in classical costume, whether that be mythical or
historical, in order to enhance the atmosphere that we wish to create.

Your servant, etc.
Judith de Northumbria

p.s. for sources of medieval and renaissance "fancy dress", look at medieval
and renaissance iconography depicting classical people.