pennsicdance: Re: What we missed last year?

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 20:18:48 PDT 2006

Hi Flip!  (and other Pennsicites!)

As for the dance floor, Adele, Lynnette, and I are going to have a
crucial Pre-Pennsic Dance Floor Planning Meeting in Hamilton, Ontario,
this weekend.  You are all welcome to come!  :)
(Ok, actually we are having a regional dance practice for a small
group of us, at which point we were going to ask Adele a whole bunch
of these questions about the dance floor.)

I believe that the document did get updated a bit since last year.  I
was actually planning on trying to complete it a bit this year, as I
see that we have several un-answered questions for it (generally about
who to contact to get the trailer and things like that.  I figured
that we might as well spell them out for future dancers, and for
completeness).

We (Lynnette and I) have 3 cordless drills that we will bring, but
more are appreciated.  I have no corded drills.  I think we have a few
square bits, but we will find out the size, and everyone can let us
know if we have spares available in the supplies.

Wednesday the floor goes up (10 am to start).  I believe that Friday
it comes down (1 pm to start).  I think that we will start early
Wednesday, and will get the main group there once preliminary work is
done by noon or something like that, probably.

I missed last year.  So now we have a locked box to keep a boombox at
the dance tent?  Do we have one for the barn as well?  How many
boomboxes do we need?

Thank you for keeping up with this.  We will appreciate any help that
is available (I don't think that I have made it for a setup since the
initial floor construction in 2001).  We will do our best to keep
things organized this year in regards to the dance floor.

Oh, and email me directly if anyone else on this list wants to come up
Saturday for a day of dancing with a small group of us, plus a few
dancers from Michigan.

Darius