pennsicdance: Pennsic is 5 months away...

Annikki Weston annikki at comcast.net
Mon Mar 13 12:35:24 PST 2006

Where'd the time go?

It's definately time for Pennsic Planning, ladies and gentlemen.

I've posted a note to sca-dance, so we might be getting a few people
joining up from there in the next few days.

Got an idea for a class?  We've only got some 80 or so hours of schedule
to fill in.  :)  People can sign up for teaching classes at the Pennsic
University site: teachinhttp://www.pennsicwar.org/penn35/AANDS/pennu.html

Want to teach, but you're not certain you can make it?  I know there are
plenty of fantastic teachers out there who end up not signing up for a
class because they can't be certain they'll go until after the class
deadline.  Give me a holler, please.  There will be a few slots in the
schedule with unspecified teachers, such as "English Country Dance -
Instructor TBA."  Not many, mind you, but a few.

Next item -- the floor!  We have NO ONE for the floor right now, not
even someone to fall back on if no one else steps forward.  We need
someone to step up for this job.  Perks include:  everyone's gratitude,
shopping with Pennsic money (okay, maybe I'm the only one in the world
who is amused to get a reimbursement check with "Pennsic War" as the
account), and the satisfaction of seeing such a big project get _done_.

Master Octavio can do the Pennsic Pile compilation, but cannot be the
overall Music Coordinator.  Is there a volunteer who would be so kind as
to take on the rest of this job?

Last item for the moment -- feedback.  If you've got something to say
about last year's Pennsic, or cool ideas for this year's Pennsic, please
tell me.  I've been sorting through the deluge from after Pennsic 34 and
getting all sorts of nifty ideas.

Remember, we REALLY NEED A FLOOR PERSON!

Thanks,
Adele Desfontaines