pennsicdance:sheet music interp

susan at generalist.org susan at generalist.org
Thu Sep 15 12:26:45 PDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 02:51:03PM -0400, Alex Clark wrote:
> At 02:11 PM 9/15/2005 -0400, susan at generalist.org wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 02:04:46PM -0400, Alex Clark wrote:
> >> As for what works well for dancing, I think that the bassadanza section
> >of
> >> the dance goes well at a tempo similar to a not-too-fast Viennese waltz,
> >
> >I was under the impression that fast was part of the definition of a
> >Viennese waltz, which leaves this statement basically nonsensical.
>
> Fast is not the same as too fast.

That would be why I find your suggestion of doing a dance at the "not
too fast" tempo of a fast-by-definition dance to be more than slightly
useless.  Can you provide BPM (beats per minute) or do you not actually
know?

> Please save up such harsh criticisms for
> circumstances in which they are valid.

If you don't want to be called on vague and potentially invalid
comparisons, you should not make them in front of people who might
actually know what you're talking about.  But feel free to cite
comparative BPM so we can judge whether your comparison is valid
or not.  Or are you just going to snip that request again and hope
I'll forget I made it?

Susan