pennsicdance: need some music

Annikki Weston annikki at comcast.net
Mon Sep 12 16:15:42 PDT 2005

Maugorn at aol.com wrote:

> There are pieces that are built for speed, but others, like Amorosso, I think
> need  just a little room to really breathe and flow.  Amorosso is so very
> sensual and it just grabs you and moves you, even as you play it.  But too much

and

> "Passionate" is the whole deal for me with so many of those lovely Italian
> dances.  I have a hard time believing that tunes composed to be so obviously
> passionate were to be played dispassionately fast.

Meanwhile, the faster tempo feels right to me because it's flirtier.  I
first learned it on the slower tempo and it seemed downright corny at
that speed.

It's never felt like it should be a passionate dance to me.  Playing
"hard to get" -- the whole leaving your partner (and maybe even flirting
with other dancers on the floor) thing -- doesn't seem at all like
passion to me.

Adele