pennsicdance: Musicians and Venues and GOOP, Oh My!

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Tue Sep 6 09:35:01 PDT 2005

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 12:10:11PM -0400, Alex Clark wrote:

> The "GOOP" version of Gathering Peascods that I described

... is not a GOOP. Please, Henry, try to use the term like other
people use it. Discussing ambiguities in Playford's instructions can
be fun, but the reason that the term was coined was to avoid constant
hand-wringing over what we aren't dancing before midnight. It's
a pointless can of worms that you're poking around in.

As a by the way, I would hope that any dance manual containing a
reconstruction of Gathering Peascods would do a good job of what
Playford says verses how it's commonly danced.

-- Gregory