pennsicdance: Donations for the Pennsic Pile

(John) Byron Boyd lutenist at peoplepc.com
Tue Aug 30 10:57:24 PDT 2005

I can't speak for the others, but I deem being allowed to play for the
dancers a privilege and the greatest expression of gratitude I can receive
from the dance community (well, as long as we are forced to wait 15 minutes
while a complicated dance is taught, which fortunately I can only recall
happening once).  Free copies of the music is not necessary.  I have a good
idea of how much it costs, both in terms of time and money, to create the
Piles, of which I receive a new one annually although most of the music is
the same.  Hence, I  am not surprised that some want to reimburse the fund.
Also, while it is possible that the dance budget is unlimited, I doubt it.

Iohann.