pennsicdance: Re: garb

Francis Classe torlanswingmeister at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 09:56:30 PDT 2005

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, whirlygig wrote:
>
> > - the people in the barn being called the "Great
> Unwashed Masses" and "Dance
> > Slobs" by people in the tent
>
> FWIW, I danced in the tent most nights (simply
> because my feet prefer that
> floor), and never heard this.

I danced in both places, and didn't hear anything of
the sort.  In fact, it's kind of disappointing to hear
that kind of commentary, since, in essence, you're
being harmful to potential dancers which could find
itself on par or even above you, some day.  It makes
little sense to cut it off at root.

> I've noticed myself (and commented before to others)
> that all other things
> being equal, you are more apt to be asked to dance
> (especially advanced
> dances) if you're wearing spiffy late period garb.

I don't even look at the person's garb until I've
walked them out on the floor.  I usually look for
someone sitting in the back, maybe with friends, maybe
alone, who might want to dance.  I guess it's the
anti-wallflowerite in me.  =)

Vyncent