pennsicdance: modern vs. historical instruments and music (was reply to comments from Octavio de Flores)

(John) Byron Boyd lutenist at peoplepc.com
Mon Aug 29 11:22:09 PDT 2005

Milady Marie:

Yes, they are - I also have seen these instruments and have heard Celtic
music at events and tolerate them, although I would rather not, as I said in
my previous post.  But the intent of my statement is reflected in my comment
that guests at renfaires are not as likely to have experienced authentic
Renaissance and Medieval music as SCAdians have, and hence not as likely to
know the difference.  I perform both at events and at renfaires with the
hopes of educating people as well as entertaining them.

Iohann.