pennsicdance: Clarification on Dance Suggestions

L.J. Sparvero lyev at verizon.net
Sun Aug 28 07:57:24 PDT 2005

At 11:43 PM 8/27/2005, Gwommy Anpurpaidh wrote:
>  a)We could just ban the really GOOP dances from Pennsic(to me, that
>would include the Russian, Scottish, and Irish dances as well as
>Landler).

Just a clarification -- the dance coordinator can't ban any dance from
Pennsic. But they can request that some dances are not done "at official
dance functions". And the dance coordinator can define (of dance time
reserved in the barn and tent) what is an official function and not. People
who run other dance functions are of course welcome to do what they want --
I know of at least one household that even builds its own dance floor each
year!

I know this is what Gwommy means, but I want to make sure that absolutely
no one reading this misunderstands it. That's how urban legends in the SCA
get started, like cloved oranges, hand-stitched garb checks, and
I-read-it-on-the-internet-therefore-it-must-be-true. ;-)

-Lyev