pennsicdance: Dance Suggestions

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Sat Aug 27 22:06:01 PDT 2005

> I've just had numerous people think that the parties are private
> functions.

You seem to suggest abolishing all parties for this reason. Wouldn't
it make more sense to attempt to educate these folks? We've already
made large efforts to do so; it seems that most people have gotten the
message.

> Another problem is that not all the genres or themes of the dance
> parties have 3 hours worth of dancing.

Not all parties last 3 hours.

> Also, I realize we only have the dance parties in the tent.

There are 1-2 special events in the Barn each year: the Ball, and
Wolgemut playing for dancing. You may not consider these "parties",
but the "parties" aren't called "parties" either...

> We have two different places where we can dance, therefore we're going
> to have two groups no matter how you run dance in either place.

I don't understand what this means. Most of the dancers I know dance
in both places; are you claiming there have to be two separate groups,
and that most people only dance in one of the two? I know I hang
out with weird people, but I didn't think they were this weird ;-)

> The dance
> tent is just preferred by those that don't like dancing on the cement,
> and actually, I can't think of any other reasons why.

Another reason is that it's a second venue, and with a second venue,
we can have specialized dancing and general dancing at the same time.

-- Gregory