pennsicdance: more fringy ponderings

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Sat Aug 27 10:28:01 PDT 2005

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 11:17:55AM -0400, rahne at hvi.net wrote:

> And besides...is it surprising that more folk-type dancing is done
> in the barn, when the emphasis of the tent seems to be positively
> erudite?

Um, that's not what I observed this year, in the Barn and in the tent.
If by "folk-type dancing" you mean easy and fun, I saw lots of that in
the tent. Only 1 of the 4 events in the tent was aimed only at
advanced dancers; 2 were explicitly newcomer-friendly. And I know a
bunch of dancers who danced in both venues and didn't think there was
much of a spilt.

Trying to inject more variety and reality into the discussion,

-- Gregory