pennsicdance: Dance Suggestions

Debora L. VanHeyningen dvanheyn at umich.edu
Thu Aug 25 08:13:35 PDT 2005

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Gracca
Amorosa was a 16th century cascarda from Caroso's Il Ballarino (1581),
and thus a period dance.  I'm curious as to why it's being listed as an
SCA Choreography.

I believe at least a couple of other dances on the
GOOP/SOOP/SCA_choreography list posted earlier are also from either Caroso
or first edition Playford (i.e. Gratia d'amore and Scotch Cap).

-Magda-